Liebster Award Nomination
The Liebster Award is an award for blogs with under 200 followers. Liebster is German for dearest, or beloved and a blog nominated for the Liebster Award is said to be worth watching. The main aim of the Liebster Blog Award appears to be an attempt to offer public recognition to relatively new and unknown bloggers for their blogging. I think this a lovely idea, so I suppose I will play along.
There are a few things to follow once you have been nominated:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you with a post.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Then answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition.
- Post 11 new questions for them to answer.
- Notify all the bloggers you've selected that they've been nominated.
- Do not nominate the blog who nominated you.
Pretty simple and a bit fun, too! So without further ado...
11 Facts About Me:
- I have a legitimate and annoying fear of birds.
- I am legally blind in my left eye. It has always been that way, but it is getting worse.
- I absolutely love tattoos. I only have one so far, as they are expensive, but I have plans for at least 3 more.
- I have a few musical abilities. I was a choir child, participating in choirs of some sort as far back as I can remember. I may have dabbled in music theater, as well. I even took voice and piano lessons growing up. I also played the flute for years in band. I miss choir the most. If you really want to creep on me here is an old, poor quality video of me performing in a high school variety show. Haha.
- Here's a secret: I am 22 and still do not have a driver's licence. #2 is part of the reason for that, and my severe anxiety is another. Obtaining my licence is a goal of mine I am still far from accomplishing.
- I have really wide spaced toes. They are also pretty long and curl a bit. I am pro at picking things up with my feet.
- I didn't graduate from college. I could write a post on what not to do in college. I may go back and do things just completely and entirely different. I would love to get a degree in graphic design.
- My ultimate dream is to build and own a Tumbleweed Tiny House, with my love, in a nice place in the woods. I wouldn't mind living somewhere on the pacific coast, either.
- I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie. I love love love heights. I would totally do base jumping, sky diving, bunging jumping. Sign me up!
- Will and I had only been dating 3 months when we decided to move-in together. I think we scared a lot of people :)
- I love to cook for people. If you come over to my house, I will feed you.
And the 11 questions that Rita asked me to answer:
- How'd you decide to name your blog? I love whimsy little things, and I think I am a little whimsy myself. I picked out the name for my blog way way way before I ever had one.
- What is your favorite thing to do when you get home? Well, I am home most of the time these days. But in my free time, I love reading and playing with my pups and snuggling Will.
- First word that comes to mind in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... go! WINTERFELL!
- Never have you ever... been snow skiing. It is a tragedy, I know.
- Weirdest place you've... eaten. I once climbed over the barriers at Shoshone Falls and ate some sandwiches on the edge of a cliff overlooking the waterfalls. Not so much weird as cool.
- Favorite food to eat? (You must eat it tonight now.) Ugh, this question is always so hard because I love food way too much. Can I be boring and say pizza? It has just never let me down, okay? And my homemade pizza is to die for.
- What will you name your first child or next animal (if you don't want a kid)? Children really scare me, but I may or may not have names picked if I ever decide to have them (not likely, but ask me when I'm 35?). I love the name William, Liam for short, which is fitting considering who I love. I love Finley or Sagan for a girl. Maybe I will just name my next pets those names :)
- Hot button issue: gifboom or A Beautiful Mess. Which app do you like more? I don't use either, just not much of a fan of those apps :)
- If you were to take me on a blate (blate= blogger date), where would we go? I would wake you up early to go hike some trails in the Boise foothills. I'd then treat you to some coffee and breakfast downtown!
- What is the most interesting thing you know about Texas? I was actually born in Texas. Is that interesting enough? Haha.
- How excited are you that I nominated you for this award? Super duper excited?!
I am nominating:
- Kristen from This Radiant Life
- Gi from Trials and Tribulations of a Fat Girl
- Kailagh from Love Always, Freckles
- Stephanie from Stephy Penny
- Brianna from We are the Hodgkins
- Vicki from Oh Abby Day
- Heather from After the Hill
- Fariha from Fariha is Here
- Lisa from Something Infinitely Interesting
And some questions for you lovely nominees to answer:
- If money wasn't an issue and you could travel freely, where is the first place you would want to visit?
- What is your favorite tea? If tea isn't your thing, what is your favorite thing to drink?
- Do you have any pets? TELL ME ALL ABOUT THEM!
- What is the best book you've read recently?
- Have you ever been to Idaho? How much did you love it!?
- Favorite Film(s)?
- If I was having you over for dinner, what would your request be?
- What is your favorite woodland creature?
- What is a go-to stress reliever of yours?
- Where is the coolest place you have roadtripped to?
- What is your favorite thing to blog about?
Thanks again, Rita! I loved answering your questions. Check back later today, or maybe tomorrow (I'm tired, okay?) to see a little concoction I created for a DIY body scrub!